Port Authority Integrated Information System
Safe Water Sports has provided the Port Authorities of Greece and Cyprus, at no cost, with an Integrated Pan-Hellenic Control & Inspection Information System regarding a broad range of water activities. Through this system, which operates across all Port Authorities of the country and the Central Command (Ministry - Port Authority’s Headquarters), it is possible for the Authorities to manage online the following activities:
- All licenses granted to the water sports centers
- The mandatory availability of lifeguards at beaches
- The sea or shore - side controls and inspections
- Any violations and fines imposed
- The efficiency of the Port Authorities and the potential control deficiencies all over the country
Based on the Memorandum of Cooperation with the Ministry of Maritime, the Organization is involved on issues regarding the reform and modernization of legislation. In 2018, the Ministry of Maritime, taking into consideration the Organization’s proposals in cooperation with the relevant sectoral authorities, voted the Presidential Decree 31/2018 on lifeguards, the placement of lifeguards on beaches and Regulation No. 20 regarding water sports.