1. Are prohibited for individuals younger than fourteen (14) years of age if and adult is not present and when individuals cannot swim properly.
2. Are prohibited when distances from the shoreline are greater than five hundred (500) meters.
3. Are prohibited during adverse weather conditions and prior to sunrise and after sunset hours.
4. When the number of occupants is greater than the maximum number specified by the manufacturer.
5. Sea Bike operators must show proper care and caution so as to avoid disturbing swimmers in the area.
6. Sea Bike riders using EXPLORER models are required to wear a specially designed Personal Floatation Device (PFD) e.g. lifejacket
- 1. Article 2 (Interpretation) of the Protection of Swimmers at sea - Laws of 1968 and 1986 - Law 72/1968 and Law 12/1986:"Boat" means any motor or sailing vessel and includes a surfboard, a sea bike, a canoe, a sea scooter and any other floating means capable of putting in danger the safety of swimmers at sea as well as trailers under them;2. Its use and entrance to the sea is prohibited in a bathing area.Article 4 (1) Prohibition of transit through the areas:4 .- (1) The declaration of the area shall be prohibited when it(a) passes through it(b) is docked or parked therein3. It is prohibited to be attached to buoys that mark the bathing areas.Article 4 (B) It is prohibited when:4B. Any person who attaches any impure or other object to any buoy within the sea through which the area is designated, or interferes in any way with such buoy, then he is guilty of a criminal offense.