Under the auspices of KEDE the electronic platform of Safe Water was presented
At the start of cooperation KEDE with the non - profit organization Safe Water Sports, sealed today President of KEDE George Patoulis and Dr . P . Paschalakis, President of Safe Water Sports, presenting,at a press conference,the online platform of Safe Water Sports for public safety at sea and marine sports.
The press conference was also attended by GeneralSecretary of the Association of Greek Tourist Enterprises ( SETE ) and Rear Admiral P . Paraskevas.
In particular,this application is an initiative under the auspices of KEDE,following a unanimous decision of the Board of Directors and aims to enhance the public confidence in the Greek beaches . It will provide specific information on the services provided in public hospitals and health centers throughout the country and contribute to attracting tourists and investment.
Mr. Patoulis in his speech called this place a very " innovative initiative " and congratulated the Safe Water Sports and the Coast Guard for their cooperation,noting that if used effectively by those responsible for our country's institutions will contribute to the upgrading of the basic our national product,which is our tourism.
Specifically stated that some of the qualities of our tourist product are:
- Enhance the feeling of safety of our tourists, who use a range of leisure and entertainment services,
- The provision of accurate and timely information on our beaches,
- The ability of citizens to have through the mobile access to specific information about their accessibility to the provided health services in public hospitals and health centers throughout the country.
At the same time he explained the KEDE embraced this effort, stressing that, "As KEDE really believe that should in principle encourage and support private initiatives that do not depend on state funding.
It is our duty to support efforts that contribute to a better image Greece has abroad . "
Mr. Patoulis noted that the contribution of the municipalities will move in two main axes :
- Contribution to the enrichment of the platform with useful information
- Dissemination services platform for residents and touristsery year 50 000 European citizens injured by participating in water sports or activities by vessels and that drowning is the second leading cause of accidental death in more than 5,000 deaths a year,He pointed out that this application offers valuable services to millions of tourists.
Introducing the platform,President of Safe Water Sports, P . Paschalakis spoke of a "gigantic task " in the effort to record water sports businesses and coding of security rules . Citing statistics European items marked our country in a very bad position in accident prevention level,appealed to citizens to exploit the potential of the platform,thus helping to spread the safety message and accessibility to valuable services.
In his address, Mr. Vernikos SETE stressed that from the outset faced with enthusiasm this initiative and added that the use of the application by Greece acquires a comparative advantage in increasing the tourist product.
Mr. Paraskevas featured this application very useful and noted that cooperation with the Safe Water Sports will continue, with the common goal of protecting human life . Concluding his intervention pointed out that care should be taken in order to have lifeguards on all beaches and authorization procedures accelerated water sports business.