Safe Water Sports: End year report - 2015
Safe Water Sports, the non-profit organization, completed the first six months from the official start of its operations, with a brief reference to the actions and initiatives that were implemented in 2015.
The main objectives achieved are:
- Recorded for the first time on a nationwide scale, in cooperation with the Hellenic Coast Guard,
- All watersports centers with their respective licenses
- All beaches which must have lifeguard
- Dissemination of this information to citizens through our web site in order to enhance transparency and accountability.
- Equip the Helenic Coast Guard with special software for the organization and coordination of police monitoring.
- Inform people about the basic safety rules to be aware of.
- Raise the community's awareness regarding safety in water sports and water recreation, especially for children.
- Raise the importance of a reform in the existing legisaltion both for the public and private sector. in order to strengthen the safety framework.