Definition: Any boat with an engine not classified as a speedboat / powerboat and can be leased out without the need of the lessor as part of the crew.
- Are prohibited during adverse weather conditions and prior to sunrise and after sunset hours.
- Are restricted to individuals younger than sixteen (16) years of age when not accompanied by the lessor in addition to individuals that cannot swim. Minors, individuals younger than the minimum age requirement, when accompanied by adults, are permitted to board.
- Are required to follow all standard emergency and fire equipment requirements in addition to the maximum number of passengers as noted on the respective operating license.
- Operating a motorboat is prohibited when the
- Distance is less than two hundred (100) meters from the outer edges of floating buoys (ref. Article 26), used to mark and set the boundaries for bathing beaches frequented by swimmers, etc. In areas where the coastline differs, such as small bays, coves, etc., this distance can be reduced after the respective Article #35 Committee decision, to less than a hundred (100) meters but no less than fifty (50) meters. Such applicable distances are clearly denoted on the marine licenses obtained
- Distance is less than Two Hundred (200) meters from the customary location accessed and frequented by swimmers when at coastlines where floating buoys are not evident
- Distance is less than Two Hundred (200) meters from any and all coastlines and travelling at speeds greater then five (5) knots, regardless if swimmers are present.
In areas where the coastline differs, such as small bays, coves, etc., this distance can be reduced to less than two hundred (200) meters with the respective Committee under Article 35 decision. Such distances are clearly denoted on the marine licenses obtained.
5. The takeoff and landing to and from the coastline by a leased speedboat is permitted only via the designated waterway (ref. Article 27) and when traveling at a maximum speed of five (5) knots and assuring that the above rules and requirements in this Article are not triggered.