Every motor powered a recreational watercraft either owned for personal use, professional use (leased) or used by the lessor
- includes, regardless of the type of craft or construction materials used, all
- outboard motors with continuous power over 30 HP or
- in/outboard motors or inboard gas run engines with continuous power over 40 ΗΡ or
- inboard diesel run engines over 70 ΗP
- includes all inflatable watercraft, regardless of the material and type of construction, or the type of hull, double or multiple hulls or hull type-V and have
- outboard motors with continuous and maximum power over 15 HP
- in/outboard motors or inboard gas run engines with continuous maximum power over 40 HP or
- inboard diesel run engines with continuous maximum power over 50 HP or
- includes, regardless of the type or the construction materials used, water jets, engines that create jets of water for propulsion, with continuous and maximum power of over 15 ΗΡ.
Sea Bikes, Jet Skis and Hover Craft are also considered high-speed motor craft (further defined in this General Port Authority Regulation).
Traditional wooden boats with inboard motors such as «Tserniki», «Varkalas», «Perama», «Traxantiri», «Liberty», «Kontoula», «Ydralike» in addition to any all other similar or related types of craft as defined Ministry’s’ Port Authority Police are excluded, not considered, high-speed motor craft.
Sailboats with auxiliary engines are also excluded according to the Ministry Decisions #4113.147/2001/30-4-2001 (Government Gazette 615 B΄).